I have my eyes on a few truly memorable pieces at the moment. On the top of my list are the Sins & Virtues cocktail napkin sets from Julia B. How adorable are these? They are the perfect conversation pieces for your next cocktail party. The new lip chubby from Nars is in the perfect power color – Dragon Girl. For a bit of glamour, shop the Stoneburst bracelet from J.Crew. And, pull the entire look together with the new Pashli leather backpack purse from 3.1 Philip Lim and gorgeous black and grey booties from Iro Paris available at Cabana Dallas.
As you might remember, I made a visit to the new Blushington in Dallas last year. Whether you are shopping for new makeup, want to try a new look, or are interested in a cat eye (but aren’t quite sure how to master the look on your own), Blushington is the place for you! I’ve given out a few gift certificates to Blushington as gifts and they are always a hit with friends.
Dallas friends: I hope you can join a group of local fashion bloggers on January 22nd from 6-8pm as we host an evening of bubbly and beauty. In addition, if you bring in a gently used accessory for Attitudes and Attire, you can receive 10% off your next service at Blushington. I hope you can stop by for a glass of champagne and we’ll try on some spring colors together!
Please email RSVP@droesepr.com if you can make it!
Hello, 2014! I know it’s about time for a post, but I’ve been using the past few weeks for some serious refreshing and inspiration! I have so many ideas for the New Year and I hope you will stick around for the journey. For now, here is a short list of things currently on my list!
1. I was so inspired by Instagram images of the Ralph Lauren Pre-Fall 2014 collection. The many textures of gray and the clean palette felt very “now” and needed after the holidays!
photo credit: LaurenBLauren and Laureni
2. After taking a quick inventory of my office today, I realized it’s PAST TIME to do something with the huge pile of things I’ve been “saving” for who knows how long. From beautiful wedding invitations, to fashion week invitations, and post cards I’ve gathered on travels, 2014 is the year of the scrapbook. I don’t think I’ve made an adult scrapbook before and I’m very much looking forward to it. I know India Hicks is a major advocate of scrapbooking and I think I’ll try to find a little bit of advice and inspiration from her. If you have any advice, please send it my way!
3. I can’t get over these Polka Dot Calf Hair Manolo Blahniks – if someone is hoping to get me an early birthday present or a belated Christmas gift… these are PERFECT!
4. A book club. I need a bit of a push it seems when it comes to finishing novels within a respectable time frame. This year, friends and I have decided to start a book club! We plan to meet once a month and read one book per month. First on the list is The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton and next… The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt.
5. The Garza Blanca Resort.... I had the pleasure of staying here on a trip to Mexico for a friend’s wedding this month. A stunning place and I can’t wait to share more details and images from the trip with you soon!
6. Sugar Paper Los Angeles for J.Crew…. I bought all of my Christmas cards from Sugar Paper this year. I was so thrilled to see they recently collaborated with J.Crew for bridal parties and thank you notes – the coasters are adorable too!
With New Year’s Eve right around the corner, local cosmetic salon Blushington has shared a special tip with Nonsense & Sensibility on how you can create the perfect sparkling look this holiday season!
This look comes from Blushington’s expert makeup artist Jessica Scantlin.
1. After you have found the perfect foundation and concealer, match apply with your ring finger a small amount of Patrice cream blush by Kevyn Aucion to the apples of your cheeks.
2. Next apply Raspberry beach tint from Becca on your lips to get that berry look.
3. Then with either your fingers or a brush, apply the primer by Girlactik. Then apply the White Gold Glitter by Girlactik on the eyelids. Apply slowly as the glitter can make a mess.
4. Last, apply the liner with Stila’s black Smudgepot to get the dark precise liner. Then apply mascara and your all set!
* products are available at Blushington
“I like the 1960s, librarians, nerdy girls. I like glasses you had when you were a kid—or that your dad wore when you were a kid—
and wearing them now.
I like Bergman. Big thick glasses on a little, tiny face. When there are etchings or engravings or magically-made materials.
I like pearls, brass, opera glasses. Everything being all violet.
I like seeing the world with
a pretty pink tint to it.”
I was thrilled to hear from Warby Parker about their recent collaboration with Leith Clark. The collection includes a mix of sunglasses and eyewear – five new frames! Meet: Marva, Greta, Aurora, Wednesday, and Willow in new colors like Cobalt Leaf, Noir, Aldabra, Daughter of Pearl, and returning favorite Crystal. Modeling the glasses is writer and actress Zoe Kazan, photographed in the collection by noted fashion photographer Pamela Hanson. For every pair of glasses sold, a pair is distributed to someone in need and a percentage from each sale will also go to Girl Up, a United Nations Foundation campaign mobilizing American girls to raise awareness and funds for UN programs that provide life-changing opportunities to girls around the world.
What will you be wearing for Christmas gatherings this week? I have my eyes on a few classic pieces that could be worn year after year! This outfit is entirely build around this gorgeous skirt from Ann Mashburn. It’s a box-pleat skirt made of taffeta and the perfect holiday party piece – classic and festive!
As for a top, this Sequin Tuxedo Top from Veronica Beard is an essential and could be worn for New Year’s Eve as well! For a jacket for the family party, this J.Crew Cardigan Jacket is lovely. I love the ivory paired with gold. I’m all about the No. 3 bag for Kendall Conrad this season pair it with Lisanewbo Suede Low-Heel Bow Pumps from Manolo Blahnik and your look is set. And, for jewelry? I love these Cabochon Earrings from Oscar de la Renta at Moda Operandi and a heart ring from Aurelie Bidermann.
“I was halfway across America, at the dividing line between
the East of my youth and the West of my future.”
― Jack Kerouac, On the Road
I was so excited to be introduced to the Veronica Beard pre-fall 2014 collection. Beyond being head-over-heels in love with the malachite dress, I’m inspired by the mix of details this collection holds. From the wrap tops, to fringe details, and cut out knits, this collection doesn’t miss a beat when it comes to exquisite touches. The pieces are both luxurious and understated, but most of all, they’re interesting. I love the description Veronica Beard shared about this particular collection:
She’s packed her bags and left the East for the West.
So much to see, so much to learn on the road.
Each piece collected, tied to a memory made along the way.
I need that malachite dress – and whatever fringe I can find!
Shop Veronica Beard here.
In a refreshing look towards spring, I loved previewing the Lublu Kira Plastinina spring 2014 collection last week in Dallas. The collection includes a beautiful mix of custom created prints inspired by what the designer calls a mystical garden in a digital world. In flattering cuts and simple silhouettes in a mix of patterns, these pieces are certain to enchant. I already have my eyes on a few of them for a spring wedding!
Learn more here.
Shopping from top right: Veronica Beard Saloon Jacket, Libby Lane U Clutch Pitch Black Medium, Cedar and Rose Fragrance, Kendall Conrad La Cincha Leather Cuff, Hacienda Montaecristo Maria Dolores Earrings, Imogene and Willie Apothia Candle, Delman Darci Heel, Rag & Bone Corina Fringe Skirt
The true beauty of this post is that I would love to be wearing and using each and every piece of the picture right now (I actually am currently burning the Imogene and Willie candle- great gift). These pieces are worldly and elegant – yet, still understated. And, I might be particularly in love with fringe details at the moment.
I absolutely love these earrings from Hacienda Montaecristo- they’d be beautiful for night or day and I love their story. As for Kendall Conrad, I have my eyes on the La Cincha Cuff for Christmas – obsessed! You can’t go wrong with a Texas crafted clutch from Libby Lane - I love how the U Clutch is both clean and rugged. As for fringe, I can’t get enough of it! I would love to spend a night dancing in my favorite pair of heels (these Delman heels from Mashburn will do) in the Rag & Bone Corina Fringe Skirt. It would be absolutely perfect for New Year’s Eve when paired with this stunningly gilded Saloon Jacket from one of my favorite brands, Veronica Beard (who’s also having an incredible sale right now by the way). Top it off with a bit of Cedar and Rose fragrance and you are set!
Here are a few new and noteworthy coffee table books you don’t want to miss when it comes to holiday gift giving! For the fashion and home decor lover, don’t miss Beyond Chic: Great Fashion Designers at Home by Ivan Terestchenko from Vendome. Photographer Ivan Terestchenko traveled the globe to capture the homes of fashion designers including Christian Louboutin, Azzedine Alaia, Reed Krakoff, Yves Saint Laurent, and more. When it comes to Upper East Side style, no one knows it better than interior designer Howard Slatkin. I had a wonderful time at his book signing and cocktail reception this fall at Bergdorf Goodman and couldn’t be more excited to own my own copy. Enjoy a tour of some of New York City’s finest residences and the luxe and brilliant interiors by Slatkin. Fifth Avenue Style is a must!
For anyone with a sweet tooth (even if it’s your own), you must own a copy of Valerie Gordon’s new Sweet. Valerie Gordon of Valerie Confections in Los Angeles has just released her first cookbook sharing her favorite recipes and ingredients. And, finally, explore historical and modern day staircases in Staircases: The Architecture of Ascent. An, interesting read for anyone who likes a climb when it comes to design.